Thursday, February 7, 2013

Famous Modern Dancer: Isadora Duncan

Today, I will post about a famous modern dancer.

Isadora Duncan is regarded by many as the mother of modern dance. She was born in the U.S. but sailed on a cattle boat to England at the age of 21, working in Europe most of her life. She interpreted music freely and with restriction. A performance in London, with her dancing barefoot, soon enraptured concerts halls throughout Europe. On September 14, 1927, dancer Isadora Duncan is strangled in Nice, France, when the enormous silk scarf she is wearing gets tangled in the rear hubcaps of her open car. She was bisexual and died in a car accident at the age of 50.

  • Name: Isadora Duncan
  • Occupation:Choreographer
  • Birth date:  May 27, 1877
  • Death date:September 14, 1927
  • Place of birth:San Francisco, California
  • Place of death: Nice, France
  • Originally: Angela Duncan 

All information from www.biography.com and www.history.com. Please tell me what you think, and follow me!      

2 comments:

  1. Hey! :D
    I've actually heard of her... there's some information in there I didn't know though. I read in a lateral thinking book, I believe, can't remember what exactly, but didn't she die because her scarf caught in the wheel of the car? That's what it said. O_o
    Anyways. Rambling on now. Bye!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. xD I forgot to mention that. I'll go add it in. Thanks, Neon!

      Delete